Saturday, April 25, 2009

Camera Critters



Camera Critters


DSC00393

This picture was taken in Bohol when we had a vacation with my friends just recently. In Bohol province, they are known for its big-eyed Tarsier. The Philippine Tarsier is a tiny animal, measuring about 4 to 6 inches (15 cm) in height. The small size makes it difficult to spot. The average mass for males is around 134 grams, and for females, around 117 grams. The average adult is about the size of a human fist and will fit very comfortably in the human hand. I was amused looking at him, I took a shot so when I get home I could post it to my blog. To view more camera critters, just click the logo above.

12 comments:

Patti said...

Oh my! He reminds me of E.T.

Homely yet cute.

Ladynred said...

Looks so cute like Et in the movie.

Shey said...

Way Cool! I've been to Bohol and seen them. They are so tiny!

Nice close-up!

:)

kayleen said...

When I first saw the photo I thought it was a baby critter. What a cute little guy. Great capture.

Nebraska Birding

Manz said...

Odd yet cute critter...

I didn't see ET, but I did think "Gizmo" from Gremlins ;)

Anonymous said...

look like my x ha ha ha

Norm said...

what a cute tarsier, I wish I can travel to Bohol and meet this tarsier someday.

Unknown said...

Yoda!!!! :-)

What a cute little creature ... never seen one of those before..

Nice capture..

VALKYRIEN said...

What a qute little guy! He really looks like Yoda! :)

storyteller said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this adorable photo and the info too.
Hugs and blessings,

Maria Berg said...

Ooooo I would like to have one it is so cute! MB

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh - I want one! How ADORABLE!

This is definitely a first for Camera-Critters. Thanks for sharing!